Knee Surgery Pottstown, PA
Chronic knee pain can disrupt your enjoyment of your life. Indeed, it can also affect your quality of life. Knee pain can make it challenging to walk, stand, move, or even sit comfortably. If nonsurgical therapies, medication, and walking aids are no longer sufficient for you, you may want to explore knee replacement surgery in Pennsylvania. The following is a brief overview. For more detailed information, contact Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania to learn more about knee surgery Pottstown, PA patients recommend.
To eliminate pain and restore mobility, several types of knee replacement procedures are available. Knee doctors have the experience, knowledge, and tools to restore your mobility and comfort. Knee surgeries include total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and advanced arthroscopic procedures. Many times, only small incisions are needed. The goal of knee surgery is to help patients manage pain and move more freely so they can get back to enjoying their lives.
Innovativations in Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgeries are customized to fit every patient’s needs. A knee doctor Pottstown, PA residents trust will work with you to help provide the best ways to make your surgery more precise, and your recovery quicker.
Knee replacement innovations can help you to achieve greater success from your surgical intervention. Some of these include:
- Robot-assisted knee replacement. Robot-assisted knee replacement helps a knee surgeon perform precise movements while minimizing the disturbance to your body. This can offer the advantage of smaller incisions so that healing can occur faster.
- Arthroscopic-assisted interventions. Some knee surgeries may be arthroscopic assisted. The knee doctor uses a special tool, an arthroscope, to perform surgery through smaller cuts in the tissue. Minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures often provide less scarring and faster recoveries.
- Shorter hospital stay and recovery time. Many total knee replacement surgeries are same-day surgeries. The majority of patients go home within 24-48 hours after surgery.
- Proactive pain management. Knee doctors offer comprehensive pain management protocols that focus on pain prevention before and after surgery. Specially designed pain-relieving medications can provide comfort so that patients can get up and move sooner.
Customized Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement is a common and highly successful medical procedure. Your knee care professional can carefully assess your condition and recommend the appropriate type of knee surgery for you.
Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee doctors usually recommend patients try nonsurgical methods to ease knee pain before undergoing total knee replacement surgery. Doctors often recommend reduced activity, anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medications, bracing, or a course of physical therapy.
However, if nonsurgical options fail to provide pain reduction and mobility improvement, total knee replacement surgery may be necessary. During total knee replacement, a knee surgeon removes damaged bone and cartilage and replaces the damaged tissues with an artificial joint.
Total knee replacement surgery can be helpful for patients who have:
- Severe pain that interferes with daily activity
- Significant loss of mobility and joint stiffness
- Advanced degenerative conditions, such as arthritis
Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
In partial knee replacement surgery, only specific damaged or worn out parts of the knee are replaced. Partial knee replacements are appropriate for certain people, like those with arthritic damage in only one portion of the knee. Patients usually recover faster after partial knee replacement, as the incision is smaller.
To find out more about the above options regarding knee surgery in Pottstown, PA, call Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania today.