Knee Specialist Pottstown Pennsylvania
Knee injuries are one of the most common injuries adults endure. Whether it was caused by a car accident or playing sports, a knee injury can negatively affect your life in many ways. If you recently injured your knee, you should see a knee specialist in Pottstown Pennsylvania at Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania as soon as possible.
Consequences of Knee Injuries
Knee injuries should never be taken lightly. Without prompt treatment from a knee specialist in Pottstown Pennsylvania, you could experience severe and lasting consequences, such as:
- Chronic Pain: Knee injuries often cause severe pain when not treated properly. When you’re dealing with that much pain, the simplest tasks can become too difficult to do. Some days, you may even have trouble getting out of bed. While pain medication may help, it can be addictive and lead to other problems.
- Reduced Range of Motion: If you do not treat a knee injury promptly, you may not be able to bend your knee or completely straighten it out. This can make it more challenging to walk, sit and get up off a chair.
- Functional Impairment: Knee injuries do not just make it more difficult to play sports and exercise. You may also have difficulty walking up and down the stairs and lifting something up from the ground.
Treatments for Knee Injuries
If you have a knee injury, you have several different treatment options. The type of treatment your knee doctor Pottstown, PA residents trust will depend on the severity of your injury. Here are some common treatments for knee injuries:
- Injections: In some cases, your doctor may advise injecting medications into your knee joints, such as hyaluronic acid. The thick fluid can boost your mobility and reduce pain.
- Ice: Ice is helpful in treating a knee injury because it reduces pain and inflammation. Just wrap an ice pack with a towel and place it over your knee. Be careful not to keep the ice on your knee for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Physical Therapy: If you are dealing with a knee injury, a knee specialist in Pottstown Pennsylvania may also suggest physical therapy. During therapy, you will complete different exercises that will strengthen the muscles around your knees. You may be asked to do these exercises at home too.
- Surgery: If no other treatments have worked to cure your knee injury, surgery may be necessary. During total knee replacement surgery, a knee specialist in Pottstown Pennsylvania will cut away the damaged bone and cartilage from your knee and replace it with an artificial joint.
If you are dealing with a knee injury, you should schedule a consultation with a knee specialist in Pottstown Pennsylvania as soon as possible. He or she can evaluate the extent of your injury and recommend the appropriate treatment.