Orthopedic Knee Physicians Pottstown, PA
If you are one of the many people who suffer from knee pain, every day can be a struggle. You may have trouble exercising, walking for long periods of time and even standing up without feeling discomfort. Instead of living with chronic pain, you should visit orthopedic knee physicians in Pottstown, PA at Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania. They can help you treat your knee pain once and for all.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain can affect people of all ages. However, the cause of knee pain is not always the same. Here are the common causes of knee pain orthopedic knee physicians in Pottstown, PA see:
- Trauma: How the knee is structured makes it susceptible to certain types of injuries. For example, if you suddenly twist your knee while exercising or play a sport, you could suffer an ACL injury. Injuries can cause immediate pain and may require surgery to correct.
- Degenerative Tissue Disorders: Degenerative tissue disorders, like osteoarthritis, are common causes of knee pain that orthopedic knee physicians in Pottstown, PA see. These conditions are more common among the elderly and can lead to pain and stiffness. While some people may find relief through gentle exercises and pain medications, more severe cases may require surgery.
- Connective Tissue Disorders: Connective tissue disorders, like rheumatoid arthritis, affect the lining of the joints and can cause painful swelling. Without proper treatment, the condition can cause joint deformity. While there is no cure, corticosteroids and other treatments can help manage symptoms.
- Infection: Knee pain can also result from an infection. If you, for example, scrape your knee and do not receive treatment, it could turn into an infection and spread to other parts of your body. Typically, these infections can be resolved with antibiotics.
Meeting With a Knee Doctor
If you have knee pain that doesn’t seem to go away, you should see an orthopedic knee doctor Pottstown, PA residents trust soon. He or she will perform several tests to determine the cause of your knee pain and recommend the appropriate treatment. Here are some of the questions your doctor may ask you:
- When did you start having knee pain?
- How severe is the pain on a scale from 1 to 10?
- Has the pain gotten worse over time?
- At what time of the day do you experience the most pain?
- Have you tried any other treatments?
- Is this the first time in your life you have experienced knee pain?
Be sure to answer these questions honestly and include as many details as you can. The more orthopedic knee physicians in Pottstown, PA know about your knee pain, the better they can help you.
If you have knee pain, you should schedule an appointment with orthopedic knee physicians in Pottstown, PA as soon as possible.