Knee Pain Doctor Pottstown, PA
When you have sustained a serious knee injury or experience constant knee pain that is interfering with your daily life, it is recommended that you seek the help of a highly-rated knee pain doctor Pottstown, PA. Knee pain is a nuisance that you don’t have to put up with. Many people think that surgery is the only option for permanent knee pain relief, but there are also other solutions available that have proven to be effective for patients with a wide range of knee conditions. Learn more about treatments that may work for you by scheduling a consultation with a knee doctor at Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania.
Knee Pain Doctor in Pottstown, PA
Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania has been providing quality treatment services for patients in the Allentown, PA area for years. Specializing in arthritis and other conditions, they have services that benefit patients with knee pain. They will evaluate your injury or source of pain to determine effective solutions. Talk to them today for an evaluation so that you can receive a customized treatment plan.
Mechanics of the Knee
We use our knees for a variety of movements and motions, such as walking, running, and jumping. As one of the biggest joints in the body, the knees are structured like a hinge. Our knees are complex and made up of four main parts. They are composed of bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles and fluid that help lubricate the joints. A knee pain doctor based in Pottstown, Pennsylvania can provide you a detailed explanation of other problems that can affect the knee. Here is a breakdown of the different parts of the knee:
- Bones. The patella or kneecap is one part of the knee that many people are most familiar with. It is a large triangular structure that protects the knee joints.
- Tendons. Tendons in the knee attach the muscles in the leg to the bones.
- Cartilage. Two pieces of flexible cartilage in the knee called menisci serve as the knee’s shock absorbers.
- Ligaments. The knee consists of tissue called ligaments, which connect the bones to each other. The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is located in the center of the knee. A torn ACL is one of the most serious knee injuries that often requires surgery for full recovery.
- Bursae. Sac-like structures are filled with fluid to help facilitate smooth movement.
Treatments Recommended by a Knee Doctor
Only a doctor can provide an accurate diagnosis regarding your knee pain. Injuries vary widely, but other types of injuries can heal without the need for surgery. They will recommend treatments that can have a profound impact on minimizing or ending your pain, such as fluoroscope-guided injections.
Discover Effective Treatment Solutions For Knee Pain Relief
You do not have to live with chronic knee pain for the rest of your life, thanks to innovative treatment methods that are both safe and non-invasive. Contact a knee pain doctor that Pottstown, PA residents trust to provide them with lasting pain relief.