Knee Pain Doctor Phoenixville, PA
You don’t have to be old to experience knee pain. You can be affected by knee pain whether you are an athlete, manual laborer, casual jogger or someone that works in the office regardless of how healthy you are. Fortunately technology has come a long way to help you find relief from your knee pain without an invasive surgery. Today there are non-surgical techniques that alleviate people’s knee pain. At Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania, our experienced knee pain doctors in Phoenixville, PA, we can help you. Call us today to schedule an appointment to learn what options are available to you.
Causes of Knee Pain
There are lots of different reasons why you could be experiencing knee pain. A knee pain doctor can help you understand why you are suffering from pain and what your options are for addressing it. Some causes of knee pain include:
- Arthritis – There are many types of arthritis some of which affect the knee. Wearing of the knee joint, also known as osteoarthritis, is the most common form that affects the knee. The cartilage in the knee breaks down over time causing the bones to grind against each other, which can create bone spurs or other damage. Conditions like gout and rheumatoid arthritis can also impact the knee.
- Injuries – The knee is a complicated joint. If you have injured the tendons, ligaments, fluid-filled sacs, bones, or cartilage in and around your knee, it could be causing you knee pain. ACL tears, torn meniscuses, fracture of the knee cap or head of the femurs, tibia or fibula, or tendinitis are all common injuries that cause knee pain.
- Mechanical Issues – Sometimes problems in the knee develop because of the way your body is functioning. Pain elsewhere in your body may cause you to compensate and walk differently, putting pressure on your knee that leads to injury. Other issues like a dislocated kneecap or tight IT band can also cause issues.
If you are experiencing knee pain, the first step is to find out why. If you are looking for a knee pain doctor in Phoenixville, PA, call Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania today to learn how we can help you.
Common Myths About Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common ailment among adults, yet it is still widely misunderstood. It is important to understand the facts behind knee pain so that you can treat it properly. Here are some common myths about knee pain that you shouldn’t believe.
- Knee pain only affects older people. It’s true that a large percentage of people with knee pain are senior citizens. However, that doesn’t mean that younger people can’t experience knee pain. Younger adults who are obese or have suffered joint injuries are more likely to deal with this ailment.
- If you have knee pain, you should not exercise. When you have knee pain, exercise is probably one of the last things on your mind. However, lack of physical activity can actually make the pain worse. If you move around regularly, you can strengthen the muscles that support your knees. Stick to low-impact activities that are easy on your knees, such as walking and cycling.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers can successfully treat knee pain. Many people with knee pain turn to over-the-counter pain medications, like ibuprofen, to reduce their discomfort. However, the medications only temporarily relieve pain. Once the medication wears off, you will feel pain again. As a knee pain doctor in Phoenixville, PA can confirm, you must treat the source of the knee pain.
- Knee pain always originates in the knee. At first, you may assume that the origin of your knee pain is your knee. However, this might not be the case. Believe it or not, knee pain can originate in other parts of your body, like your hips or back. If you have pain in other parts of your body, it can migrate down to your knees.
- Surgery is the only solution for knee pain. This is another major myth regarding knee pain. The truth is that surgery is used as a last resort. Your doctor will suggest several non-invasive treatments, such rest, heat therapy or physical therapy, before considering surgery.
- The cause of knee pain is always the same. People can experience knee pain for various different reasons. Some may have knee pain from an accident while others experience knee pain because of arthritis. It is important to see a doctor to find the actual source of your knee pain.
How We Can Help You
After years of performing surgeries to help patients with knee pain, our medical director, Dr.Paris, realized that there was a better way to help people find relief. He developed an innovative, non-invasive treatment that offers fast relief with no recovery time following the procedure. We use injections guided by fluoroscopy – a piece of equipment that allows him to place medicine at the injured site with 95% accuracy. His technique means you can avoid surgery and the many painful months of recovery to get back on your feet.
Premier Osteoarthritis Centers of Pennsylvania is ready to help you get back on your feet without the pain and hassle of surgery. We have treated thousands of patients with great success. Don’t settle for any knee pain doctor in Phoenixville, PA. Call us today to set up your first appointment to learn if you are a candidate for our non-invasive treatment.